Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Sometimes it's Savoy Truffle, sometimes it's Crunchy Frog.

Friday, February 13, 2009

20090212 Super 8 to VHS vs Super 8 to DVD


This is how Super 8 movies looked like when they were transefered to VHS way back in the 80's. I never really liked what I saw. That yellowish bloom all over the top was very often seen.



Today I got a brand new transfer of the movies directly from Super 8 to DVD. Had it made by a shop in Sorel-Tracy called Son Image Concepteur Media www.sonimage.ca
As you can see, the image is much improved! No more yellowish bloom. Also, we can see much more detail. Very nice! Cost us a bundle but it was worth it I think.
Now, I've got hours of re-autoring to do from the basic DVDs they gave me to put those on my harddrive, and then creating menus and commentary and music tracks with Nero and burning those as definitive copies.

2 comments:

Micheline said...

Oh Boy! You have your work cut out for you. Good luck with that. Is that Laurent in the photo?

Aildoux said...

Yes, it is him, way back in the 50's.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed