Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Sometimes it's Savoy Truffle, sometimes it's Crunchy Frog.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

19791027 Kathakali show, Montreal



Again a scan from a print.
In 1979, an indian dance show was held at the UQAM university in Montreal. Performed by the Groupe Téâtram dance company, it featured Richard Tremblay, seen here sitting on the floor as Bhîma. I first went on the 26th of October show. I liked it so much, I went back the following day on the 27th to see it again! This time I took a roll of film with me to take pictures.
From the program: "Le Centre Socio-Culturel de l'UQAM en collaboration avec le groupe Teatram présente: "L'Histoire d'une Fleur" de Kathakali. Cette pièce de Kathakali est extraite du Kalina Saugandhikam (Actes 10, 11 et 16) de l'Indien Kottayuthu Trampuram."
It was a pretty deliciously exotic experience. I loved it!
More pics at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=232829&id=739480474&l=0ea2f
Link: http://www.silentculture.org/creation/english.asp?page=onglets/filer.asp

2 comments:

Micheline said...

How did you manage to get such a close-up shot?

Aildoux said...

I had pretty good zoom lenses plus good seats!

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed