Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Sometimes it's Savoy Truffle, sometimes it's Crunchy Frog.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

20090110 Sunset of the day


Nice sunset in the back fields of Saint-François-du-Lac, QC. I like to go cross-country skiing in outback areas. The problem is finding access to these. Once there, you just can't just go anywhere in the now, at least I don't. I try to find a all-terrain vehicle's open path and go into that. Going in the untrod snow is just too deep most of the time. But, like here where a snowmobile has passed, It's very fine and I can go many kms very enjoyably. Following these paths leads one to surprise areas. But you do need outback poles with big rings and preferably larger skis than the narrow ones for groomed paths.

2 comments:

Micheline said...

Do you have a GPS or carry a compass? Seems to me one could easily get lost even when following tracks.

Aildoux said...

No problem, I know this area by heart. In other areas I may carry topographic maps with me.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed