Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Sometimes it's Savoy Truffle, sometimes it's Crunchy Frog.

Monday, January 12, 2009

20090111 Bob Dylan 19800424 Montréal


On the 22nd day of april 1980, I happened to be in front of the Théâtre St-Denis in Montréal just before the Bob Dylan show was about to begin. A man had a spair ticket (seat J-44) to get rid of, a ticket of $15 he was willing to let go for $10! So I, being alone, bought it from him and went inside. The place was pretty booked. Dylan had just turned evangelical or some sort of Christian thing. People rose up to heckle him! I guess the man just likes to shake things a bit in other people. Setlist at http://www.bobdylan.com/#/node/3734
This is a scan of a print I have of the show that took place two days later, the 24th, at the same venue. I don't remember how I got that print. It's an old 3 1/2 X 5 inches print. I've had it since the year of the show I guess. I managed to make decent jpg images from the old scanner I've got, a simple cheap Canon model CanoScan LiDE 25. The best thing for show images because of the very dark background is to raise the contrast level so that the background gets dark and uniform. Also, I found that creating a Bitmap image first and then converting that to a jpg image with another software (irfanview, photoshop, etc) gets better quality jpg images rather than creating a jpg image straight from the scanner.

No comments:

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed