Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Sometimes it's Savoy Truffle, sometimes it's Crunchy Frog.

Friday, December 18, 2009

20071217 Doll & Marbles in SFdL


20071217. Flashback to two years ago. In Saint-François-du-Lac on the day after a snowstorm I took a walk to the post office to get my mail. On my way back I took a few pics of the store front window of what is said to be a museum of antiquities. Closed for now for legal and financial reasons. This shot shows a doll with marbles. "Jeu de billes" means "marbles game". On the left is a "Pot de chamble" or "chamber pot" or "chamberpot", a pot to pee in during the night in the days when the only place to do that was outside in the "bécosse", a word that comes from the english "back house" or "backhouse", aka "out house" or "outhouse".

No comments:

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed